Did You Know? Our History Part 4
- Sally Fox
- Jul 23
- 1 min read
Updated: Jul 29
From 1910 until 1958, our church, then known as United Presbyterian Church, was located on the block of North Park and 2nd. In 1965, a new church building was built next to the existing one, and in 1969, an educational wing, kitchen, and fellowship hall were added to the sanctuary.
In 1984 or 1985, the building and property were sold, and we built the first part of the church where we worship today. Our name was changed to First Presbyterian Church. (We are now 76 years old)
The first service at our new location was Easter Sunday, April 7, 1985, and the church was officially dedicated on June 9, 1985.
In 1992, we added the current fellowship hall and classrooms to the main church through prayer and cash only. The BOB (Building Out Back) was finished in 2006/07. This concludes the historical part of our church's structures and name.



